Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Help help!! Blogging's getting to me!!

Yep, that's true. Before starting my blog, I used to wonder what I would blog about. There seemed to be nothing in life or about me which I could blog. (Am shocked as I write this. How could there be nothing to blog about, my mind tells me.) Nowadays, I just can't seem to exist without posting once in a while. Also, I constantly feel a need to visit my blog and re-read all my posts; see if I can make them better.

Interestingly, these are the same feelings which I felt rushing through me when I first visited Wikipedia. I felt like a baby who learns something new when I made my first edit. (I now remember, my first edit was to the Bollywood page). Once I got the hang of Wiki, I used to frequently make changes, and check out the latest changes. But I never created an account there; I used to think, "What articles are we going to write? What do I know to write on Wiki?" But in the end, I did create an account, and from then on, I would constantly make edits as well as repetitively check the Recent Changes and New Pages. Incidentally, somewhere last month, my edit count crossed 500, with two new pages to my name.

Blogging has become so addictive that I constantly think of what to post. In fact, this post is currently being written using the Performancing extension for Firefox!! I faced this situation with Wiki; but I am now much better as far as Wiki is concerned. I don't visit that much - just maybe twice or thrice a day - and I stay no more than 15 minutes there. Atleast as far as Wiki was concerned, I would be forced to work when the net was down in my office; however, Performancing allows me to save my posts and publish them later, which means I continue to blog even if the net is down!! Surely, I'll have to do something about blogging.

In the world of Wiki, people with these symptoms have a name: Wikipediholics. Is there any such for blogging?

No comments: