Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Guy in bus with helmet

Now why would a guy travelling in a bus have a helmet? Sounds strange, right?

Well, that is exactly the thought that travelled through the minds of fellow passengers when, 3 months back, I boarded the bus with a helmet. No one really noticed (or atleast, I didn't notice anyone noticing me) until the bus came to a few metres of my destination. I got up to alight. The bus was crowded, and I couldn't move with a bag strapped over my shoulder and the helmet at my side. So, I did what I felt was logical: I lifted the helmet above the heads of the passengers and moved towards the exit.

The guy standing next to me looked at me strangely. I realized what he must have thought and smiled at him. He too sheepishly smiled back. But he still had the doubt unexplained and it was revealed in his eyes. The bus came to the stop. Not wanting to leave him in that state, I explained, "I had left my vehicle at the workshop for service, and they are delivering it today. That's why I am having the helmet with me."

The guy and me both flashed a knowing grin. I got off the bus.

Now that's one reason why a guy needs a helmet while travelling in a bus!!! ;-)

Why am I posting this now? It's three months since this happened, right? Well, for two reasons:
a) I began blogging only recently, and
b) Yesterday morning, I delivered my vehicle at the workshop for service. ;-)

No comments: